Houston Gas Explosion Lawyers
While gas explosions are relatively rare, they can leave victims with horrendous injuries or can cause fatalities when they occur.
That said, in most cases, gas explosions are the result of another person’s or entity’s negligent actions. If that’s true of your accident, you might be able to recover damages for your injuries.
The attorneys at Johnson Garcia have handled different injury cases for over 35 years, helping clients recover optimal settlements. If the other side is not negotiating fairly, our personal injury attorneys will file a lawsuit on your behalf and take your case to trial if needed. Let our gas explosion lawyers help you hold the negligent parties responsible and recover the compensation you may be entitled to.
Understanding Natural Gas Explosions
Gas explosions can cause extensive property damage, severe injuries, and, in extreme cases, death. Gas explosions can involve various things, including camping trailers, grills, homes, and live-in horse trailers. These explosions can happen virtually anywhere and can be sparked by different factors.
Depending on the setting, various situations can cause a gas explosion. For instance, in a work setting, a gas explosion may occur if a gas tank is placed near a combustible chemical or material, while at home, a gas explosion may occur due to a natural gas leak.
Natural Gas Explosions and Common Causes
A gas explosion may happen when there is a gas leak in the presence of a flame or spark. Performing the necessary inspections and following the safety guidelines can help prevent these explosions in some instances. The following are some factors contributing to natural gas explosions:
- Excavation near pipes
- Gas leaks
- Tanker truck accidents
- Improperly installed gas hookups
- Gas drilling accidents
- Trainer refinery explosions
- Gas buildup in mines
Home Gas Explosions and Common Causes
Gas is an essential resource for most American households, used daily to keep the house warm, cook meals, and heat water. However, as much as we rely on it, gas leaks can pose a serious danger. Natural gas leaks are among the leading causes of home explosions, often caused by faulty gas tanks, connectors, or valves.
Imagine a leaking hose or propane tank causing a gas explosion in your kitchen or on your property — it’s a frightening thought. That’s why it’s crucial to be aware of the potential risks and take steps to prevent them.
While safety has significantly improved, home explosion accidents still occur. One can be injured when gas leaks and causes smoke inhalation, gas inhalation, or a gas explosion. Most gas explosions are usually linked to someone else’s negligence. Examples of common causes of residential gas explosions include the following:
- When food is left unattended, for instance, on a barbecue grill
- When contractors reconnect gas supplies negligently
- When liquefied propane gas tanks are stored close to lighters, matches, campfires, or lit candles
- When gas tanks are not turned off after use
- When tanks and other combustible materials are not inspected for leaks
Natural Gas Explosion Incidents in Texas
Several factors can cause a natural gas explosion, but a lack of execution or implementation of the proper safety protocols is usually the leading cause. Using defective equipment and failing to use the correct safety equipment can place workers and neighboring residents at great risk of injury.
Approximately 2,598 pipeline gas leaks were reported to the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) between January 2020 and October 2021, with 287 being from Texas. Several gas incidents have happened in Texas in recent years, including the following:
- In 2019, an explosion happened at a liquefied natural gas terminus in Freeport, Texas. There was a fire, but no one was hurt since it was controlled early, and the company had to shut down for some time. When investigations were conducted, it was discovered that systematic failures caused the gas explosion.
- In January 2020, the Watson Grinding and Manufacturing explosion left several injured and some dead. About 200 businesses and homes were damaged in the explosion. After investigations, the explosion’s cause was determined to be a gas leak.
- On July 7th, 2022, an energy transfer natural gas transmission pipe exploded in Houston, resulting in a two-hour fire. Although no one was injured, property damage was extensive.
Gas Explosion Injuries
When a gas explosion happens, victims often suffer severe injuries, including the following:
- Crash injuries
- Loss of eyesight
- Loss of hearing
- Blast lung injury
- Severe burns
- Brain injuries
- Wrongful death
How a Houston Gas Explosion Lawyer Can Help
If you are a gas explosion victim, you deserve the best legal representation from a gas explosion lawyer you can trust. Working with a skilled attorney ensures you recover considerable damages for your injuries, making your post-accident life easier. Your attorney will ease the hassle of navigating a gas explosion case, making the process less daunting and assisting in recovering the best possible compensation.
Other ways that the right Houston gas explosion lawyer can help include:
- Collecting the relevant evidence, such as video surveillance and photos from the accident, that can prove liability
- Recovering maintenance and inspection records related to any equipment that malfunctioned or caused the gas explosion
- Ensure you get the best medical care while calculating the total expected losses
- Handling negotiations with the negligent party and insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you recover compensation for all damages suffered
If you are a gas explosion victim, consider working with the reputable and skilled gas explosion lawyers at Johnson Garcia. We have the proper resources to thoroughly investigate your accident, handle everything from start to finish, and keep you updated on the progress while you take the time to focus on your recovery.
Contact Experienced Houston Gas Explosion Lawyers Who’ll Protect Your Rights
At Johnson Garcia, our injury attorneys have More than 35 years of experience helping gas explosion victims seek compensation for their injuries. We have the knowledge and necessary resources to help you build a strong case and recover the compensation you may be entitled to.
Johnson Garcia believes that personal injury victims should not stress about their inability to afford expert legal help, which is why we offer free consultations.
Are you or a loved one the victims of a gas explosion in Houston? Let our gas explosion lawyer review your case and help you recover compensation for your injuries. Call 832-844-6700 or contact us online to schedule your case review.